Tackle California coastal cuisine on the grill with this Grilled Fish Taco Salad from Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Tender halibut marinated in fresh citrus and spices is cooked atop the flames inside a foil packet and served on a bed of greens layered with all of the classic taco fillings and a creamy avocado dressing.
What You Need
Original recipe yields 4 servings
For the dressing:
1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
1 cup plain yogurt
2 medium cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 For the salad:
4 6- to 8-ounce halibut fillet s
1 medium lime
1 teaspoon ground cumin
8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups tortilla strips
Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil
Add To Shopping List
Reynolds® is a registered trademark of Reynolds Consumer Products LLC
Let's Make It
1. Make the dressing by combining the avocado, yogurt, garlic, lime juice, honey, salt and pepper in a blender. Blend until creamy (the dressing will be thick), then cover and refrigerate the dressing while you make the salad.
2. Preheat the grill for 10 minutes on medium heat. Prepare the foil packets by placing two halibut filets each on a sheet of Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil. Squeeze the lime juice atop the filets, then sprinkle them with the cumin and a pinch of salt and pepper. Fold and crimp together the edges to form sealed foil packets.
3. Place the foil packets on the grill, close the lid and grill the fish for 8 to 10 minutes or just until the fish flakes easily and is opaque throughout. Remove the foil packets from the grill and unwrap them.
4. Prepare the taco salad by layering the lettuce, beans, cheese, tomatoes and tortilla strips on serving plates. Arrange the grilled fish on top of the salads, drizzle with the avocado dressing and serve.
Reynolds Kitchens Tip
Make Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil packets to cook seafood perfectly and seal in flavor.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.