A one-skillet dish from Julie Wampler of Table For Two that includes your meat and veggies is made directly on the grill for a quick and easy dinner any night of the week!
What You Need
Original recipe yields 4 servings
For the Kansas-style BBQ Sauce:
3/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon molasses
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 For the rest of the dish:
2 medium baking potato es, cut into quarters
6 Brussels sprouts, halved
3 large carrot s, cut into 1-inch chunks
1-1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Aluminum Foil
Add To Shopping List
Reynolds® is a registered trademark of Reynolds Consumer Products LLC
Let's Make It
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. Whisk all the ingredients for the Kansas-Style BBQ sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Place potatoes, brussels sprouts and carrots into a 9-inch cast iron skillet. Place chicken thighs on top of the vegetables and using a pastry brush, generously brush Kansas-style BBQ sauce on the tops of the chicken thighs.
4. Cover cast iron skillet tightly with a sheet of Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil, with the non-stick side facing down on top of the chicken.
5. Place cast iron skillet onto grill and roast for 40 to 45 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear or meat thermometer reads 180 degrees F. During the last 15 minutes of cooking, remove foil and roast uncovered for 15 minutes. Once chicken is done, remove from grill and let cool for 20 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Reynolds Kitchens Tip
Cover the cast iron skillet with Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil to ensure chicken is juicy, tender and flavorful.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.