This is a hearty but bright salad using the colors and flavors of the summer season from Lindsey S. Love of Dolly and Oatmeal. The bread is rubbed with garlic and brushed with olive oil; then it is grilled until toasty and crunchy. The peaches are also grilled until warm and slightly caramelized, and the fennel is shaved thin, giving the salad brightness and crunch.
What You Need
Original recipe yields 4 servings
1 large shallot, sliced thin
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt and fresh pepper
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove
4 slices hearty bread
2 peach es, sliced into wedges
2 cups baby arugula
1 cup torn basil
1 large fennel bulb, halved, cored and thinly shaved on a mandoline
Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Aluminum Foil
Add To Shopping List
Reynolds® is a registered trademark of Reynolds Consumer Products LLC
Let's Make It
1. Cut a large piece of Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil and firmly fit it over the grill grate. Heat the grill to medium heat.
2. While the grill is heating, make the dressing. To a shallow bowl, add the shallot, vinegar, maple syrup, and a couple pinches of salt and pepper to taste. Let the mixture sit until the shallots are tender, about 10 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons of the oil and whisk until the dressing is mixed and blended. Set aside.
3. Cut the garlic clove in half. Using the cut side of the garlic, gently rub each side of bread. Using 1 tablespoon of oil, lightly brush each side of bread.
4. Place the bread on the hot grill and cook until toasted and firm, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove the bread and let cool.
5. Brush the peaches with the remaining tablespoon of oil and sprinkle with a couple pinches of salt. Place the peaches on the foil-covered grill and cook until lightly browned but firm, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. In a large serving bowl, toss together the arugula and basil. Tear the bread into large chunks and add to the bowl. Add the peaches and fennel, mix in the dressing and give everything a thorough toss.
Reynolds Kitchens Tip
Use Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil to prevent items like vegetables, fruit or smaller pieces of food from falling between the grill grates.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.