Marinate and cook this prime rib roast in an oven bag for a moist and flavorful dish. Our Herbed Prime Rib Roast with Red Wine Sauce is a real treat.
What You Need
Original recipe yields 12 servings
1 cup dry red wine
1/2 cup chopped shallot (3 to 4 medium)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 4- to 6-pound beef rib roast
2 tablespoons butter
Add To Shopping List
Reynolds® is a registered trademark of Reynolds Consumer Products LLC
Let's Make It
1. Place oven bag in roasting pan at least 2 inches deep.
2. Combine wine, shallot, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, flour, rosemary, sage, thyme, salt, and black pepper in bag. Gently knead to combine. Add beef rib roast to bag. Close bag with tie (found inside package).
3. Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
4. Preheat oven to 325°F. Do not exceed 400°F.
5. Cut six ½-inch slits in top of bag to allow steam to escape. Insert an oven-safe meat thermometer through one of the slits into center of roast, making sure thermometer does not touch bone. Tuck ends of bag in pan.
6. Place pan in oven, allowing room for bag to expand during cooking without touching heating elements, wall, or racks. Bag should not hang over pan.
7. Roast until desired doneness. Allow 1¾ to 2¼ hours for medium rare (135°F) or 2¼ to 2¾ hours for medium (150°F). Let stand in oven bag for 15 minutes. (The temperature of the meat after standing should be 145°F for medium rare or 160°F for medium.) Carefully cut open top of oven bag. Remember: Always support bag with pan.
8. Transfer meat to a cutting board for carving. Carefully drain juices from oven bag into baking dish; toss bag. Skim excess fat from the juices. Stir in butter, if desired. Serve hot pan juices over sliced meat.
REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP
Easily make your special occasion shine with the perfect roast! Create a flawless, moist and flavorful prime rib by marinating and cooking it in an oven bag. It seals in all the juices and cleanup is a breeze so you can get back to your special night in no time.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33g
Saturated Fat 14g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 4g
Dietary Fibers 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.