These easy sandwiches are perfect for quick weeknight dinners—especially meatless Mondays!
What You Need
Original recipe yields 4 servings
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 pound eggplant, quartered and sliced 1/4-inch thick
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
4 whole wheat Italian-style roll s, split
4 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup sliced roasted red pepper
1 cup baby romaine lettuce or mixed greens
Add To Shopping List
Reynolds® is a registered trademark of Reynolds Consumer Products LLC
Let's Make It
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Do not exceed 400°F. Add flour to a Reynolds® Large Oven Bag. Shake. Place bag in a roasting pan at least 2 inches deep.
2. Drizzle eggplant with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Place eggplant and red onion in bag. Close bag with tie (found inside package). Cut six ½ -inch slits in top of bag to allow steam to escape. Tuck ends of bag in pan.
4. Place pan in oven, allowing room for bag to expand during cooking without touching heating elements, wall, or racks. Bag should not hang over pan.
5. Roast about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
6. Line a baking sheet with Reynolds® Parchment Paper. Place rolls on the prepared baking sheet with cut sides up. In a small bowl, mix feta and cream cheese together. Spread cheese mixture on cut sides of roll tops. Bake in the oven for the last 5 minutes of roasting.
7. Remove rolls and eggplant from oven. To serve, carefully cut open top of oven bag. Remember: Always support bag with pan. Place eggplant and onion on roll bottoms. Top with red peppers and romaine. Close sandwiches with the cheese-topped halves.
REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP
Looking for a healthy meal that fits your busy schedule? Use an oven bag to create these delicious healthy subs in just 30-minutes. Need it faster? Roast the eggplants ahead of time then throw together the sandwiches in minutes.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12g
Saturated Fat 5g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 49g
Dietary Fibers 7g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.