Risotto is made super-easy with Reynolds® Oven Bags. No more endless stirring at the stove—all you have to do slide the pan into the oven.
What You Need
Original recipe yields 10 servings
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
1 sweet potato (8 ounces), peeled and shredded (1 cup)
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 finely shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Add To Shopping List
Reynolds® is a registered trademark of Reynolds Consumer Products LLC
Let's Make It
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Add flour to a Reynolds® Large Oven Bag. Shake. This helps prevent bag from bursting. Place bag in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
2. Add rice, sweet potato, onion, 1 tablespoon butter, thyme, garlic, and pepper to oven bag. Turn bag several times to mix ingredients. Arrange ingredients in even layer in bag. Fold down bag opening two times to hold it open; set aside.
3. Microwave chicken broth and wine in a medium microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup for 3 minutes on high power until liquid is hot (140°F). Carefully pour or ladle liquid over ingredients in bag. Carefully unfold bag opening.
4. Close bag with tie (found inside package). Cut six ½-inch slits in top of bag to allow steam to escape. Tuck ends of bag in pan.
5. Place pan in oven, allowing room for bag to expand during cooking without touching heating elements, wall, or racks. Bag should not hang over pan.
6. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Let stand 5 minutes.
7. Cut open top of oven bag carefully. Remember: Always support bag with pan.
8. Spoon rice mixture into a large serving bowl. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter and ¼ cup cheese. Sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired.
REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP
Eliminate the pain of cooking risotto by using an oven bag! This no-stir recipe can be baked in the oven while you help with homework, tidy up or take a moment to relax. And with oven bags, there’s no sticky pan to soak and scrub when you’re done.
Calories From Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 27g
Dietary Fibers 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.